Breakfast Writing Club
Join us for a free breakfast! It’s a perfect excuse for squeezing that extra writing time into your week. Every Saturday between 8am and 12pm (you can arrive at any time) we provide quiet writing time. And of course…Coffee!
Who can join the Breakfast Writing Club?
All postgraduate students who are working on a research paper, thesis chapter, or other research writing outputs.
Please note: Spaces are limited depending on the campus. After you have registered for the club below, you will receive regular email invitations reminding you about the weekly sessions. You need to RSVP by 5pm Thursday to secure a spot in that week’s Saturday meeting to ensure room bookings and dietary requirements are met.
MG / NA: The Breakfast Writing Club will alternate its writing sessions between Mt Gravatt and Nathan campuses on a monthly basis. 25 Spaces available
QCA: As of Saturday, 18 March 2017, you can join in at QCA, Southbank Campus weekly. 12 Spaces available. Register in form below to secure your spot.
What is in it for me?
- Enjoy a light breakfast to start your day.
- Supportive and encouraging writing environment.
- Continuing sessions for HDR students who have participated in previous GUPSA writing retreats to inspire and mentor fellow students, and all other interested HDR students.
- Mt Gravatt: Free weekend parking on campus and within easy reach from the busway.
- Nathan: Free weekend parking on campus.
- QCA: Parkrun and write? or Write and then catch a movie or walk in the park.