The GUPSA Emergency Support Program provides support to students who are in need of short-term assistance with accommodation, groceries and travel costs.
What is an emergency?
There are many reasons why you may find yourself in need of emergency support. You may be affected by:
- Financial difficulties
- Short-term homelessness
- Domestic violence/assault
Griffith University has a range of support services such as Student Financial Support, International Student Advisors, GUMURRI Student Success Unit and Online Health & Wellness Centre which may also be helpful in supporting you to get back on track.
Emergency Accommodation Support
GUPSA provides emergency accommodation assistance to eligible enrolled postgraduate students who are experiencing an emergency that has resulted in difficulties securing accommodation.
GUPSA will fund up to 7 nights of accommodation depending on the needs of each case and the availability of accommodation providers.
Emergency Grocery Support
For students in an emergency situation, GUPSA will provide 1 x $50 grocery voucher (either Coles or Woolworths) to cover groceries and daily needs.
Emergency Travel Support
Students who are unable to travel to and from campus due to an emergency situation will be provided with 1 x $50 travel voucher to assist with transportation.
To be eligible for emergency support, the applicant must:
- Be a currently enrolled postgraduate student at the either Nathan, Mt Gravatt, Logan, QCGU, QCA or Online Campus. Gold Coast students are encouraged to access the Gold Coast Guild’s Emergency Support: https://gugcstudentguild.com.au/emergency-support/
- Be engaged (or currently booked in) with a Griffith University support staff member. This includes:
- International Student Advisors
- GUMURRI Student Success Officers
- Counsellor, Mental Health Nurse, Complex Case Manager, General Practitioner, Chaplain
- GUPSA Advocacy Staff
For more information about Emergency Support, please call 3735 3539 or email email@example.com