- This event has passed.
Workshop: Managing Your Thesis Supervisors
September 13, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFREE
Developing a positive and productive thesis supervisor/candidate relationship is essential to stable and successful postgraduate degrees. It is important for prospective and current HDR candidates to learn to take the lead in the process of building a sound professional relationship with their academic colleagues. This can be tricky, as there are often power and experience imbalances that can leave thesis candidates overwhelmed and unsure of where they stand in terms of their rights and responsibilities.
- When: Tuesday 13 September 2022
- Time: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm Brisbane time (3 hours)
- Cost: FREE
- Where: Online – Register Here!
The workshop is suitable for both HDR candidates and coursework students looking to do a PhD or currently embarking on a research component of their degree, as well as early HDR candidates who want to know what prospective and current HDRs are seeking in a thesis supervisor.
- How to find a thesis supervisor and make sure they are ‘the one’ for you
- What thesis supervision means in the Australian context
- Your responsibilities and rights as a postgraduate candidate
- Strategies for setting and managing mutual expectations
- Is it me or you? Identifying where problems lie.
- What to do if things are not working for you (or them!)