Become a GUPSA Peer Mentor
GUPSA has teamed up with Vygo to provide Brisbane and Logan Campuses with a new app designed to connect quality mentors with students. As a mentor using this app, you will be able get experience and support a fellow postgrad in their learning journey. This is a free service where you can create a flexible schedule, build your resume and give back to your community. So what’re you waiting for? Download the app now to get started.
Once your profile is complete, students will be able to find you on the app and request a session. Use the Vygo app to chat with students, accept tutoring requests and manage your bookings.
Conduct your mentoring sessions either online or in-person. This is a free service you offer to your peers – Pay it forward!
- If you have achieved over 70% in a Griffith course, then you’re eligible to become a mentor on the Vygo mobile app.
- Mentors must be a current Griffith University Brisbane or Logan student
- All mentoring sessions are required to be held either online or in a public space.
- By choosing to become a mentor, you have agreed to adhere to Griffith’s code of conduct.
Benefits of Peer Mentoring
- Gain an increased level of understanding through explaining course material to others
- Expand your resume
- Meet other fellow Griffith University students
- Educate and support those in need
- See others progress academically
Frequently Asked Questions
What marks do I need to become a mentor?
Vygo requires that students have achieved a minimum of 70% in a subject before they are permitted to mentor.
Do I get paid at my GUPSA Mentoring session or through the app?
No money is transferred between parties for GUPSA Peer Mentoring. Pay it forward and gain experience as a peer mentor. Sign up to the Course Specific Tutoring section in the VYGO app for paid gigs.
How does a mentoring session begin?
Both the mentor and student will need to ‘begin the session’ in order for the time to start being tracked. Once the session is complete, both parties must ‘complete the session’.
Can I hold a mentoring session at my house?
No. For the safety of both the mentor and student, all session are required to be held in a public space or online.
When I first downloaded Vygo, I was using it as a student but now my needs have changed. How do I use it as a mentor?
Vygo allows you to toggle between student and mentor mode whenever you need. Simply click on the ‘Account’ button at the bottom right of your screen and then select ‘Become a Tutor’.
I’ve encountered an issue with the app. What do I do?
Don’t stress. Simply open the Vygo app, click on the ‘Inbox’ icon at the bottom of your screen and click ‘Chat with Vygo’. Their friendly staff will be able to offer assistance with any app related inquiries.