Self Defence Courses
Upcoming Courses – 2023
- Cost: FREE
- All classes run from 1 pm to 2 pm
- Participants: Limited to 20 students per course date
- NOTE: Registration coming soon, please keep notified by Social Media (Facebook or Instagram).
Intro to self-defence course dates:
- Thursday, 27th July 2023 – Awareness & Defending – event finished.
- Thursday, 31st August 2023 – Defending Multiple attackers – event finished.
- Thursday, 28 Sept 2023 – Female Self Defence – Register here!
(Terms and Conditions: You must be a current Griffith University Undergraduate or Postgraduate student at a Brisbane or Online Campus are eligible).
Intro to self-defence course information
- 1: Awareness & Defending
Thursday, 27th July 2023
This workshop will be instructed by Practical Wing Chun (PWC) Australia and will leave participants empowered to predict, identify and avoid violence by de-escalating situations. Participants will also learn how to counter common forms of attack and assaults.
- 2: Defending Multiple attackers
Thursday, 31st August 2023
This workshop will focus on using the physical structure and strategies against multiple attackers in an outnumbered situation and awareness, prevention and de-escalation skills.
- 3: Female Self Defence
Thursday, 28 Sept 2023
Workshop topics will include recognising common types of attacks women face and how to defend against them, simple techniques for optimum results toward a threat and awareness and prevention.