First Aid and CPR full terms and conditions
Prior to your course, you MUST complete the following:
- Review the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines: https://resus.org.au/guidelines/; you must review these during your quiz.
- Log in to the online portal using your course code.
- Review your Registration details and ensure they are up to date.
- Check you have registered into the correct day & time you require.
- Read the Course Manual in the ‘Student Resources’ section after you have logged in;
- Complete the online quiz (you must score 100% accuracy to achieve competency).
IMPORTANT – YOU CANNOT ATTEND THE TRAINING WORKSHOP UNLESS THE ONLINE QUIZ IS COMPLETED TO 100% ACCURACY!
ON YOUR TRAINING WORKSHOP DAY
What to bring/wear
On your training workshop day, you must:
- Bring your own pen;
- Bring a notepad if you wish to take notes;
- Bring your own water bottle;
- Wear comfortable and suitable attire that allows you to perform tasks on the floor such as CPR compressions, the recovery position, and shock treatment;
- Arrange travel timeframes or public transport timetables to arrive at least 15 minutes before the workshop commencement time.
At the training workshop, you will be required to:
- Perform various team-based tasks in small groups at multiple stations covering multiple simulated scenarios;
- Perform 2 minutes of CPR on an adult, and infant, manikin on the floor;
- Lay on the floor to be rolled into the recovery position, be treated for shock, administer an Epi-pen, and other scenarios;
- Have various bandages, slings, and splints applied to your limbs.
At your training workshop, you are expected to:
- Demonstrate all tasks to a competent level (you are being tested);
- You will be tested on the online theory component, if you are not competent in assessments shown in the online video’s you will NOT pass the course! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU COMPLETE THE ONLINE COMPONENT CORRECTLY.
- Ask questions if you need assistance from your trainer or if you require additional assistance in completing the task.
- Work together in your team, asking team members to provide assistance and ensure the correct techniques are being implemented (self-directed learning);
- Respond to questions when your trainer asks demonstrating your underpinning knowledge;
- Actively engage in simulated roleplays, including playing the role of a first aid responder, a first aid victim, a third party (i.e. a witness, an employee, a manager, a colleague, a paramedic).
IMPORTANT – Should you be experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms please do an in-home RAT test, if your RAT test is positive, please call 0416 888 343 immediately. Requirements to adjust your training will be available (as below) once a positive RAT test is supplied (with your ID in the photo) before your course starts.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Refunds will NOT be provided in the following circumstances:
- Late arrival to your course resulting in being refused entry into the training workshop.
- Failure to attend your scheduled training workshop.
- Being refused entry into the training workshop for failure to complete the online quiz to 100% accuracy. Please do not leave your quiz until the last minute, there will be no transfers for students who have not completed it, if you are having PC issues, please call the office on 0416 888 343 during business hours.
- Cancellation of your course within seven (7) days of the training workshop date.
- You have forgotten you have to work, have an exam or any other reason and your workshop is within 7 days time.
- Failure to provide a positive RAT test (with ID in photo), or medical certificate before your course start time, if sick.
- Should you be unable to attend your training workshop due to testing positive to COVID-19 (and supplying positive RAT test with ID in photo) or having a medical certificate, supplied before your course start time.
- You may request to transfer into another training workshop date and/or venue provided you make the request seven (7) days prior to your scheduled training workshop date.
- Cancellations will be accepted up to seven (7) days prior to the training workshop.
- Cancellations incur a $10 administration fee.
- Cancellations within seven (7) days of the training workshop date will attract the full course fee.
Re-issuance of certifications
You will find a copy of your certificates on your profile, once they have been issued. All certificates are issued on the same day.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the office on 0416 888 343, during business hours (Mon – Fri, 9am – 4pm).